Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Development Milestone

I dove into the Rails source code for the first time ever today. Fixed an issue. It was pretty exciting.

I updated to Ruby 2.0 yesterday, almost immediately after it came out. I was lucky enough to be in a position where I didn't have anything to risk and I figured it would be a fun challenge to get through. I was right and there were a few speed bumps. Today I find that the .dup method is returning an exception.

Here is the fix that i found:


Didn't really have the balls to do the whole git merging of this code yet and took it as an opportunity to seek the problem lines manually. Got a glimpse of the directory structure of the Rails source code and had a first glance at the innards. Onwards and upwards from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment